Revit MEP for Engineers: Electrical
Engineers, designers and contractors across the MEP (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) disciplines that want to model to at a high level of detail in Revit.
- Participants will learn the Revit interface basics
- Participants will learn how-to setup a Revit project using templates, levels and floor plans.
- Participants will learn how to link a Revit model.
- Participants will learn how to add spaces and rooms to a linked Revit model.
- Participants will learn how to add receptacles and panels to a room, create spaces and circuits.
- Participants will learn how to add lighting fixtures, switches and create lighting circuits.
- 01 | Introduction
- 02 | Starting a Project
- 03 | Revit Interface
- 04 | Linking external Models
- 05 | Copying Levels and Creating Floor Plans
- 06 | Reflected Ceiling Plans
- 07 | Visibility Graphic Overrides
- 08 | Adding and Editing Spaces
- 09 | Scheduling
- 01 | Introduction to Revit Electrical
- 02 | Adding Panels
- 03 | Adding Receptacles and Switches
- 04 | Adding Lighting Fixtures
- 05 | Creating Power Circuits
- 06 | Creating Lighting Circuits
- 07 | Creating Switch Circuits
- 08 | Wiring Plans
- 09 | Modelling Conduit
- 10 | Cable Trays
- 11 | Tagging Elements
Skills and Careers
Building System Analysis
These are some great careers that this course will prepare you for:
Autodesk Revit Structure and MEP Technical Specialist, BIM Consultant, BIM Coordinator, Building Information Model Implementer (BIM), Design Technology Leader/ BIM Manager, Revit Architect & Technician, Revit BIM Model Manager, Revit Project Coordinator, Revit Technician
Increase your expertise and become a successful professional, check our courses:
Meet the Author
Enterprise Software and Learning for Architecture, Construction and Engineering Firms
What our Members are Saying
I really enjoyed the videos, they are so clear and easy to understand. So amazing to see what can be done with Rhino!
The IDDA online learning platform is world class. Our first and second-year students are now producing work previously only reserved for Masters-level students.
If you want to get ideas out of your brain and into 3D design, or even to 3D printing like me, IDDA is the place to go.
We are excited to roll out this world-class training platform to our Australian and overseas offices.
Ready to Learn from the Best?
Get started with an IDDA membership. It includes our world-class online courses, time-saving software applications and member discounts on the software you use every day.
See Plans and Pricing