Generative Skyscraper Designs
Architects looking to automatically generate infinite versions of building designs.
- Learn how to create a building using points and Surfaces in Grasshopper
- Learn how to create an array of levels in a building.
- Learn how to input parameters into Galapagos to automate the generation of building designs.
- Learn how to save and export building designs generated using Grasshopper and Galapagos.
- 01 | Introduction
- 02 | Initial Building Points
- 03 | Top Building Points
- 04 | Round the Curves
- 05 | Add Rotation
- 06 | Add in a Second Building
- 01 | Random Numbers
- 02 | Creating a Cluster
- 03 | Converting All Parameters
- 04 | Adjusting Building 2
- 01 | Creating Planes
- 02 | Creating Floorplates
- 01 | Determine Gross Floor Area
- 02 | Galapagos Solver
- 03 | Recording the Galapagos Solver
- 04 | Adjusting the Inputs
- 05 | Editing the Script
- 06 | Bake out Iterations
- 01 | Previewing the Iterations
Skills and Careers
Digital Optimization and Performance
These are some great careers that this course will prepare you for:
3D Modeller, 3d Parametric Design And Visualisation Specialist, Architect, Architectural And Urban Design Specialist, Architectural Assistant, Architectural visualiser, Computational Designer, Design Technology Specialist, Designer, Digital Design Engineer, Senior Designer, Technologist, Urban Designer
Increase your expertise and become a successful professional, check our courses:
Meet the Author
Enterprise Software and Learning for Architecture, Construction and Engineering Firms
What our Members are Saying
We are excited to roll out this world-class training platform to our Australian and overseas offices.
I really enjoyed the videos, they are so clear and easy to understand. So amazing to see what can be done with Rhino!
If you want to get ideas out of your brain and into 3D design, or even to 3D printing like me, IDDA is the place to go.
The IDDA online learning platform is world class. Our first and second-year students are now producing work previously only reserved for Masters-level students.
Ready to Learn from the Best?
Get started with an IDDA membership. It includes our world-class online courses, time-saving software applications and member discounts on the software you use every day.
See Plans and Pricing