Step by Step Instructions
- Reference an attractor point
- Reference a centre grid
- Create a centre box based on the centre grid
- Get the distance between the attractor point and the grid
- Use the Bounds command to get the range of distances
- Remap the original distances using the bounds as the reference domain and 0 to 1 as the target domain.
- This now gives us a scaling function between 0 and 1, 0 being scale to nothing and 1 being apply no scaling.
- Place the Scale component in your canvas.
- Connect the boxes as the geometry to scale, the grid points as the centre points and the remapped values as the scaling factor
- Hide the original boxes
- Move the attractor around to see the effect.
Start Learning Now
Hints and Tips
- Remapping is a great way to quickly turn unknown data into a defined range to work from. This allows your systems to be adaptable to a lot of different contexts.
- Use the Scale Non Uniform to test out the scaling in one or two directions only.